Tuesday, February 20, 2007

We're baaa-aack

Watch out, everyone, the Rexrode boys are back in town!! And so am I, by default. I tend to go where they go. Damage control, I suppose.

We had a great time. Really. It was fabulous. However, I am seriously in need of a vacation. No one should ever look at a trip to DisneyWorld, complete with 13 hour drive, as a relaxing vacation. The boys were good, really. Well, sort of. Kind of. Okay, not really. The older two were acceptable, but the littlest was -- not. Details will come in a future post (which I have already written in my head), detailing my concerns about this little one, but suffice it to say it was a challenging week, behavior-wise. However, now that we are back home, our life will be settling back into a routine.

I do need to find the boys' floor. They came home with an insane amount of over-priced Disney memorabilia. We are not clutter people; having five people and a dog in approximately 1,000 sq. ft of space tends to make a family stay pretty much to the basics. However, given the circumstances of the payment for this trip, and the instructions of my mother-in-law and Nate's aunt and uncle to make this the trip of a lifetime, we went a bit wild with the toys. We barely fit it all in the car to bring it home, and now I am seriously wondering where it is all going to go.

So, nothing deep or philisophical from me today. I'm too relieved to be home, too appreciative of my regular hum-drum existence, and far too ready for the next women's conference at my church to come up with something profound. For your information, the no children, no husband over-night trip takes place in thirty-one days. And counting.

Dana

No comments: