Sunday, February 25, 2007

Another year

Well, it's time for another birthday ode. My biggest little man, Joshua, turned seven years old today.

I struggled with being a mom when Josh was first born. (See here for some background.) It was not an easy time for me, for Nate, or for Josh. But today, as I looked at that little boy -- who is not so little anymore -- I have never been more grateful to have him in my life.

Josh, you are my serious, even-tempered little man. I can always count on you to help me, to be responsible and mature. You are seven, going on fifteen.

But you are also mischievous, and you love to jump out from behind the door and scare me. You tell me all your secrets, and your daddy and I are your favorite people in the whole world. You are never embarrassed or ashamed to tell someone I am your mama, and you love me.

You are growing up so fast, Josh. I can't believe you're seven. I must admit, tonight I am a little teary-eyed to think of how quickly today has come, and how much more quickly tomorrow gets here every day. But now, in this medium, with the only words I have, I want to tell you this: I love you, little man. I love your smile, your heart, your beautiful blue eyes. Never, ever doubt for one minute that your mama loves you, and that I thank God for you every, single day.

Happy Birthday.

Love,

Mommy

No comments: