Saturday, February 21, 2009

Car without kids

Well, thus far, my plan to avoid housework by blogging is working perfectly! I sit here on my bed, surrounded by the mess that five people in a small house easily produce, ignoring it all in favor of making sure I keep up with my new blogging responsibilities.

I'm dedicated like that.

I had the opportunity to enjoy one of my favorite activities this morning. I went to town, to drop a check off at the bank, and there were no children in the car!! I blasted the radio as loud as it would go and listened to any song that I wanted to.

Now, I don't listen to vulgar music or anything like that. But I do love some southern rock, and rockin' country, and other songs that might not be overly appropriate for a five year old.

I have learned to be very careful what songs come on the radio while my children are in the car. Even if you have the music coming out of only the front speakers, quietly, it's one of Murphy's laws that they will hear the one line out of the one song you'd rather they didn't.

After all, having your three year old son break into "Save a horse, ride a cowboy" in the church foyer is a good way to learn that lesson.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

hahaha, I can sooo see that happening!! That lyric sticks with anyone! I have experienced the crazy things kids say over and over again, red is a permanent colour on my face! :-) Thanks for the Saturday morning giggle.

Tarasview said...

bwahahahahaha

and I am TOTALLY blogging instead of cleaning the mess MY 5 make in our small house :) we are awesome :)

Thomson Family said...

Hey Dana, thanks to your status update, I just found your blog! This post is sooo true! Try having your 3 year old asking his friend, while playing with their John Deere's, "Do you think my tractor is sexy?"