Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Man, life is crazy

Well, the Rexrode clan has gone totally beserk. Seriously, totally, absolutely beserk.

Recently, Nate and I have become part of our Wed night children's ministry at our church. Actually, we're sort of leading it now. Yep, that's right. We're back in a "leadership" position at a church. Now, personally, I'm all about team leadership. I don't mind being the fall guy and doing the planning, but I'd like a lot of input. And that's the way it works here -- at least, that's the way it works now that we're in charge. :)

But in addition to this new responsibility in ministry (about which we are very, very excited!), I've also taken in some kiddos to babysit. At the moment, there are six children six and under in my house. My very, very small house. It's a bit cramped. So, this is looking like a venture that is not going to work out, at least this many children.

My point is, I think, that the Lord has really placed my home as my ministry. Nate made some (deserved) comments about how he felt coming home to a dirty house, so I've really worked at making a "home" for my children and husband, at serving the family God gave me. And then Nate and I both felt called to this cKc thing. So, we're doing that now. And then Nate is saying that he needs me to bring in more income. So, I'm following my husband's lead and submitting to his wishes, and making arrangements to bring in income. But, then I can't follow what I feel I'm being called to do, and really make a good "home." Bc trust me, this house doesn't look very homelike right now . . .

I think it may be time for a little heart-to-heart with Nate, and a little more study in the Good Book.

No comments: