Saturday, August 12, 2006

What was I thinking?

What on earth was I thinking? Seriously. Somehow, I had this magical thought that once I was at home with my children full time, I would have oodles to say and be blessed with hours worth of time to type it. Okay, maybe I wasn't quite that naive, but I certainly thought I would have more time than when I was working full time.

I think maybe what I didn't realize was that I would still be working full time. Only, even more so than before. Working full time outside of the home was easier than this, at least for me.

And I haven't even started my homeschool year yet . . .

But the other thing that I've learned is that I need this place to just say something, to just put my thoughts out there. Even if no one ever reads it -- and I don't know if anyone ever does. But that's not what it's about for me. It's all about feeling heard. If any man were to ever read this, they would likely not get that last statement. But for the women who may read, I think you will. If I put it out there, I feel heard.

So, I am making a commitment to be more disciplined about this!! After all, how will I be able to keep a maintained school schedule, if I can't even commit to fifteen minutes to write a day?

Keep me accountable!! :)

1 comment:

Cathy said...

This is why some days all I put up are what I call fluff posts. I for one am proud of you -- you have yet to do a fluff post and you are raising those three wonderful boys. I know there are days when it seems like all you do is clean up one mess after another (I think EVERY mother of more than one child feels that way). BUT -- and this is important -- even if you don't post, you ARE DOING SOMETHING EVEN MORE IMPORTANT. You are raising three boys. You are taking time to train them in the way they should go.

As to keeping you accountable, I check your blog at least once a day. Yours is one of nine blogs I check every day. And I don't just check it because you are my friend. I like what you have written. I am proud of you for what you have shared.