Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Welcome!

Welcome to my blog!! This is my first attempt at putting my thoughts into the great big world, but certainly not my first attempt to put them in writing. Although, I must admit, this is the first time I've ever put them out where other people could read them. I've always thought some of the things that go on in my head were best left there. There is always this suspicion that I am the only one whose brain works just so, or whose thoughts and feelings don't stem from a logical process of any kind. I know I look normal, I look like everyone else - today, I'm wearing simple black pants and a sweater. But do I work the way everyone else does inside? Or, if I share these processes, will people shy away from me, with that sickly half-smile and nod that really means, "Back away slowly - don't look her straight in the eye."
But I'm going to do this anyway, with the supposition that maybe everyone hides things inside the way I do. Maybe they look normal, but maybe they are swirling, whirling, tossing and turning where I cannot see. Maybe.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yea! Go for it, Dana! You did what I have been thinking about for months. I've known you long enough to let you know that no one is going to back away slowly while avoiding your eyes. Not that it matters, but: I am so proud of you!