Wednesday, November 04, 2009

M2M scavenger hunt answers

What an awesome idea!!!

In case you're reading this and have no idea what I'm talking about, check out this post over at A Preacher's Wife!! All those PWs out there, come play along with me!

1. First Name. Dana

2. State and Country of Residence. Virginia, USA

3. Husband’s Ministry Title. Pastor. Only pastor. Solo pastor. The preacher. Chief cook and bottle washer. Dude who people call when freaking out.

4. Length of time in Current Ministry Location. My darling husband has been pastoring at FGCF since its inception, practically. The church as an entity existed for about six months before they called him, officially, in March of 2008. So, about 19 months or so. (Has it been that long?!?!? Or that short?!?!?)

5. Children? If yes, give gender and ages. I have three rambunctious, wide open little boys. Josh is 9, Blaine is 8, and Justin is 6.

6. Number of unique homes in which you’ve lived during your marriage. Just two. We've lived in our current home for about 8 years. We are an independent, nondemoninational church that is planning to stay in our local area. So, I'm hoping to live here until the Lord takes me home. I HATE packing!!!

7. Cook Sunday lunch or eat out? If I had my druthers, I'd eat out nearly every meal. But my wallet and my waistline do not permit such, so we generally eat in. I cook most of the meals, but my husband is a fabulous cook when he's in the mood!!!

8. Typically on time for Sunday School or not? Always on time. I live across the road from the building where we meet, and walk to church. I have to set up the music stuff, so we're always there 30 minutes before church should start. And then, church starts 10 minutes late.

9. Favorite TV Show. NCIS.

10. Something you watch/like/do that you would never tell the church people. My church people know me pretty well! But I don't make an issue of the fact that I read almost all fantasy novels. And I really enjoy Dan Brown novels.

11. Most annoying church-related pet peeve. People who church hop looking for a children/youth ministry that they love, but refuse to volunteer or work to grow one.

12. One thing you need to throw away but can’t bring yourself to do it. A sweater I absolutely love. It came completely unseamed up one side, and is a material that would be difficult to resew. So, it's just up on a shelf.

13. The one food you can not live without. Just one?!?! I love food! But probably buffalo wings.

14. Parsonage or have your own home? My own home. I actually live in the home my father grew up in, about half a mile from my parents. Nate's family all lives pretty close, too.

15. Freak when the doorbell rings or always ready for a visitor? I used to freak because my house was such a mess. My house is not any cleaner, but I'm more accepting of it, and freak a bit less.


:)

10 comments:

Crystal said...

I think I'm becoming more and more comfortable with my 'mess'. I have kids! So, toys in the floor and dishes from lunch are okay! It is what it is!

I enjoyed reading your answers!

Robin said...

I can totally relate to #11. If all the people who left because their need wasn't met - would stay and get it started - guess what? Everybody's needs would be met!
Nice to meet you!

Cheryl said...

I love crime shows but for some reason I just don't like NCIS, not sure why!

So nice to meet you!

rachel said...

That's so nice you're close to both of your families! And I'm shouting "Amen!" to your answer for #11!

Mrs. H said...

Ooo... can I steal your #11? Fun reading your answers. Thanks for playing :)

Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

lol..i love your #15...I live by the motto "I clean house every other day. Sorry you missed it.."

Cathy said...

Good answers. Nice to meet you!

Smelling Coffee said...

Hi Dana~ How special that you live and serve so close to where you grew up. That's a blessing.

:-)
Jennifer

Mary Beth said...

I homeschooled my daughter for Middle school... or should I say... she homeschooled herself! This year she went back to school for high school... and can I just say... Hallelujah! It takes a very special mom to homeschool... you are courageous.

Nice to meet you.

c said...

I'm with you on the buffalo wings. The hotter the better. Do you have a Buffalo Wild Wings near you?