Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Together

I am a UVA Cavalier fan, born and bred. My great grandfather was a professor there, I've followed Wahoo sports my entire life. I even went there for one year, and hope one day to finish my degree, and graduate there. We have an ongoing joke with Nate's cousin -- a Hokie, who is married to a Hokie. We are trying desperately to get their son, Noah, to say "Wahoowa." In response, he smiles and says, "Go Hokies."

This is way bigger than any rivalry -- way bigger than a football game or a basketball game. Today, we are friend and family. Today, we are united through a horrible, horrible tragedy that should never have occured.

So, today, I stand with everyone, in support of Virginia Tech.

Go Hokies.

1 comment:

Cath said...

Check out http://lansingcartoons.com/

Ben Lansing has a great tribute called Today we are all Hokies.