Friday, March 02, 2007

What God told me recently (Paraphrased)

"Hello, daughter. I want to speak to you. I see what you have been doing. I see the work you're doing, and I see your heart. Thank you for your service. I see the children's ministry, and I thank you. Thank you for teaching your children and other's children to pray to Me. Thank you for telling your boys to pray to Me when they are scared, when they are sick. Thank you for leading them to Me. But, daughter, I miss you. I miss your first love for Me, your hunger for My Word. I know what you are doing, and I know it is out of the right motivation. But, daughter, it is far more important for you to come to Me than for you to do whatever it is that claims your attention.

Daughter, I love you. I love you for you, not for what you're doing. I know that you know this -- now live it. Put Me first -- not your work for Me first. Come away. Turn off the phone. Turn off the computer. Turn off the TV. Find a babysitter. Come away with Me. Bring your empty spirit, and I will fill it. Bring your restlessness, and I will calm it. Bring your heart, your mind, your body, your soul. Bring it all to Me, give it all back to Me. Put Me at the top of the list, first thing in the morning, last thing in the evening.

Daughter, I see what you do. But I love who you are.

Come home to Me."

No comments: